The NSW Government is now considering feedback received on a new simplified Housing Code which sets out clear and simple planning rules for works that can be carried out under complying development.
The new Code has been written and structured so it is clear and easy to understand. It will now include diagrams to explain key controls and building standards that need to be met when building or renovating a house.
The Code forms part of the State Policy for exempt and complying development. It sets out the planning rules for new homes, extensions and other home renovations carried out as complying development.
The NSW Government is committed to simplifying the planning system.
The benefits of the simplified Housing Code include:
• clear, easy to understand planning rules for homeowners, industry and councils
• making building and renovating easier
• saving time and money for homeowners
• providing more certainty when certifiers and councils assess a proposal
• faster and more efficient housing delivery.
Attachments & Resources
Key dates and other information
||• Department of Planning and Environment,
23-33 Bridge Street, Sydney NSW 2000
||State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008
|Exhibiting agency or agencies
||Department of Planning and Environment
|Local Government Area