The NSW Government has released the Draft Riverina-Murray Regional Plan which outlines a vision to grow and diversify the economy over the next 20 years.
For the first time, a draft Plan consolidates strategic planning for the 26 local government areas that comprise the Riverina-Murray region.
The Plan outlines the following goals for the region:
• A growing economy supported by productive agriculture and sustainable use of natural resources.
• Improved regional transport networks and utility infrastructure to support economic activity.
• Strong regional cities supported by a network of liveable towns and villages that meet the communities changing needs.
• A protected environment and a community resilient to natural hazards and climate change.
Further information is available at: www.planning.nsw.gov.au/riverinamurray
||• Department of Planning and Environment, 23-33 Bridge Street, Sydney NSW 2000
• Department of Planning and Environment, Level 1, 188 Macquarie Street, Dubbo
|Exhibiting agency or agencies
||Department of Planning and Environment
|Local Government Area
||Albury City Council, Berrigan Shire Council, Bland Shire Council, Carrathool Shire Council, Coolamon Shire Council, Greater Hume Shire Council, Griffith City Council, Hay Shire Council, Junee Shire Council, Leeton Shire Council, Lockhart Shire Council, Narrandera Shire Council, Temora Shire Council, Wagga Wagga City Council