The proposed amendments to the State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development) 2008 have been designed to improve the performance of the policy and make it easier to use and understand.
The proposed amendments:
- clarify existing defined terms
- refine clauses to ensure they achieve the policy’s intent
- clarify the policy’s intent in the case of minor inconsistencies
- correct minor clause references and drafting errors.
The amendments reflect feedback the Department has received from stakeholders including councils, accredited certifiers, industry and the community.
For more information, the Explanation of Intended Effect (EIE) provides an explanation of each of the amendments, the reason for the proposed amendment, and the intended outcome.
Submissions close on 16 November 2015
If you cannot lodge your submission online, you can
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail to: Manager, Codes and Approval Pathways
Department of Planning and Environment
GPO Box 39 Sydney NSW 2001
Please note a consultation draft of the amending SEPP will be made available here shortly.
Attachments & Resources
Key dates and other information
||Department of Planning and Environment,
23-33 Bridge Street, Sydney NSW 2000
|Exhibiting agency or agencies
||Department of Planning and Environment
|Local Government Area