The draft Precinct Plan for the Riverstone East Precinct, in the North West Priority Growth Area, is now on exhibition for the public to view and comment on until 18 September 2015.
The Plan proposes changes to planning controls and land uses and outlines the planned provision of new infrastructure to support urban development in the Riverstone East Precinct. Infrastructure will be delivered in stages to keep pace with the rate of development in the Precinct. We are proposing to zone land in three stages to match the planned delivery of infrastructure. The draft controls on exhibition show proposed urban development outcomes for Stage 1 and Stage 2 that include:
• 20 hectares of parks and open space
• a potential site for a new primary school
• more than 3,000 new homes
• retail space and land for jobs
• conservation of environmentally sensitive land along creek lines; and
• the staged release of land based upon the availability of infrastructure.
Attachments & Resources
Key dates and other information
||Department of Planning and Environment, Level 5, 10 Valentine Avenue, Parramatta
Department of Planning and Environment, 23 – 33 Bridge Street, Sydney
Blacktown City Council, 62 Flushcombe Rd, Blacktown.
||State Environmental Planning Policy (Sydney Region Growth Centres) 2006
|Exhibiting agency or agencies
||Department of Planning & Environment
|Local Government Area
||Blacktown City Council